Senior Linux Engineer, Taxback Group
Location Bulgaria (Sofia | Varna | Remote)
Taxback Group is a collection of global companies that combine technology innovation and service excellence to offer corporate financial solutions to some of the world’s largest multinationals. Established in 1996, the Taxback Group is headquartered in Ireland, and employs over 1,500 staff across 30 countries. Recognised as one of the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Ireland in 2019, we're proud to have won a number of very high-profile awards including Deloitte Best Managed Companies (Platinum Status), EY Entrepreneur of the Year and HSBC European Business awards.
Our clients and partners include IBM, Bloomberg, Honeywell, ESB International, Credit Suisse, Syngenta, TurboTax, ABB, Intel, Google, Canon, Epson, Microsoft and Glanbia.
The Taxback Group has an annual corporate social responsibility programme which rolls out charitable initiatives both in Ireland and abroad. Since inception in 2007, we’ve run over 400 CSR events to support charities including Temple Street Children’s Hospital, Jack & Jill and GreenHeart.
Primary objective of this role is supporting critical business applications, facing public and internal users, scaled across Hybrid Cloud infrastructure, while ensuring their uninterrupted availability and performance enhancement.
A successful candidate is expected to have strong background in enterprise Linux systems management, Network and Security concepts, PostgreSQL or related RDMBS, Cloud computing platforms and SaaS oriented architecture. To collaborate effectively with group infrastructure and development teams, engage in project assignments upon request, provide reports and evidence to assist audits, execute service delivery aligned to group adherence to ISO 9001/ISO 27001 standards.
• Build and maintain Group Linux systems and services, aligned to standards compliance requirements
• Support and improve core Application function and its components, scaled across Hybrid Cloud infrastructure
• Deliver Application Database support and engage in its continuous improvement
• Liaise closely with Group Infrastructure and Development teams
• Provide support to solutions architect roles, both internal and external
• Respond to system vulnerabilities, identify threats/attacks and act on their remediation
• Monitor and forecast trends related to service availability
• Conduct Incident analysis and resolution In cooperation with internal and external technical teams
• Employ DevOps automation technologies to reduce human effort
• Drive changes to Production Environments in real time with none/minimal impact, aligned to IT Service Management policy/procedural definitions
• Deliver standby and active OOH support
• Explore and suggest use of new technology to enhance services performance and their resiliency
• Engage in training courses to gain new expertise as needed
SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
• Proficient in Linux Administration - 7+ years of experience (RHEL/Ubuntu)
• PostgreSQL or alternative RDBMS operational experience
• Core experience with Apache, Nginx, HAProxy web servers/proxies
• Core experience with PHP, Python, .NET applications running on Linux
• Version control and CI/CD operational experience
• Background in development (C syntax like language) is a plus
• Experience in building/supporting Linux based HA solutions
• Core understanding of Network/Linux Systems security and encryption standards
• Fundamental understanding of Internet Protocol Suite layers
• Operational experience with SELinux or alternative RBAC/MAC security model
• Amazon Web Services or an alternative cloud computing platform operational experience
• CDN experience is a plus
What we offer:
Professional growth in a global company
Variety of projects
Latest technologies to choose from
Work side-by-side with top engineers
Working in nice and friendly environment with smart and competent co-workers;
Working in class A office;
Additional health insurance package;
Long-term career development;
Job security in a multinational company;
Please submit your CV in English via the Apply for this position button below. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 2 weeks.
When applying for the position, you voluntarily submit your personal data and we will process it for the following purposes: selection of candidates for this position; selection of candidates for future positions occurring within the next 6 months, unless you explicitly state your disagreement; connecting with candidates in connection with the objectives of labor market selection and research; signing an employment or other type of contract. Personal data provided for these purposes will be retained for up to 6 months. You have the right to request the deletion, correction or blocking of personal data if the processing does not meet the requirements of the current legislation or exceeds the stated objectives.