Senior PHP Developer
TransferMate Global Payments is a Globally Regulated, B2B Payments technology, which greatly improves the international payments process for banks, companies and both our software and strategic partners, such as Wells Fargo, AIB and ING.
TransferMate are a leading Irish foreign exchange provider and winner of numerous business awards around the globe
Being part of Interpay Bulgaria, The TransferMate global footprint encompasses 30+ offices worldwide with 26 different nationalities. In Bulgaria alone, we have 900+ employees in Varna, Veliko Tarnovo, Sofia and Shumen and we keep growing
- Liaising with existing PHP developer resources to extract and refactor legacy applications into a n-tier separation of concerns.
- Help rebuild a legacy PHP based website into an Enterprise class, API-first web application, on Laravel >6.x and Angular >8.
- Document and implement programs according to installation standards, procedures, and conventions.
- Prepare and execute Unit and Functional Test plans and document results.
- Prepare and execute System and Integration Test plans and document results.
- Troubleshoot program code, related objects, and documentation in order to resolve application issues.
- Quality check program code, related objects, and documentation.
- Respond to Production Support issues.
- Work with business as required to understand issues.
- Conduct preliminary estimates / Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort of new/change to application functionality.
- Help the CTO develop PHP tech mentoring program for existing PHP developers.
- 4+ years of experience in related field including using technologies listed below.
- Object Oriented PHP 5.x, 7,x
- Test driven development (TDD).
- Intimate familiarity with Laravel and Lumen
- REST, JSON based data exchange, OpenAPI 3.0, and Swagger.
- Familiarity with composer based dependency management.
- Familiarity with recent Angular, React or Vue frameworks, Angular preferred.
- Reverse engineering existing Object Oriented PHP applications.
- Performance monitoring and optimisation of PHP applications.
- Proven Relational database design, debugging and query optimisation skills.
- Continuous integration and Continuous Build design practices.
- Docker based container deployment.
- Familiarity with Scrum/Agile team development practice.
Additional Essential and Desirable Skills:
- Familiarity with cloud based development and deployment, preferably AWS.
- PostGreSQL 10.
- Knowledge of at least one automation framework, preferably Terraform.
- Basic knowledge of C#, Core.NET & other MS Open Source frameworks (Desirable).
- Basic knowledge of Python 3 as an integration tool (Desirable).
TransferMate Global Payments is one of the world's fastest-growing FinTech companies, and is transforming the way businesses pay and get paid across international borders. In our organisation you will join enthusiastic and energetic colleagues who are ambitious, helpful and welcoming. You will also join a collection of award-winning companies which take career progression and corporate responsibility extremely seriously, all within a positive and friendly workplace culture.
• In addition to a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package, which includes an additional health insurance package;
• We appreciate that our company growth and employee recognition go hand in hand, and we have multiple recognition programs in place including our Milestone Recognition Program, our Bright Ideas Program and our Employee All-Star Awards.
• You will join an organisation that values and promotes a healthy mind, body and work-life balance through our renowned employee wellbeing program; GroupLife.
• Additional perks include a full calendar of events throughout the year.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career with an exciting Fintech company? We will be holding interviews for the role shortly so apply today!
When applying for the position, you voluntarily submit your personal data and we will process it for the following purposes: selection of candidates for this position; selection of candidates for future positions occurring within the next 6 months, unless you explicitly state your disagreement; connecting with candidates in connection with the objectives of labor market selection and research; signing an employment or other type of contract. Personal data provided for these purposes will be retained for up to 6 months. You have the right to request the deletion, correction or blocking of personal data if the processing does not meet the requirements of the current legislation or exceeds the stated objectives.