TransferMate Global Payments are disrupting the market with its Globally Regulated, B2B Payments technology, which greatly improves the international payments process for banks, companies and both our software and strategic partners.
- Constructively lead and develop the firm’s Risk management framework to ensure strong engagement across the entire firm and a consistent understanding of our risk management objectives and application of risk controls and processes across a multi-jurisdictional operation.
- Drive the development of our risk register and enhancement of our risk management policies and procedures to be adopted across the firm in general, in support of a robust and risk based approach to our commercial operations
- Lead the Risk team’s implementation of effective controls to support a strong risk management culture where all strategic decisions are subject to formal risk assessment in the context of our more sophisticated product offering and our expanding global reach in terms of our B2B payment technology capability and our regulatory authorisation
- Ensure a functioning and effective approach to the monitoring, management and reporting of Risk, from all material movements in key risk indicators, to the firms overall risk profile to the Head of Risk and Compliance
- Design and delivery of an effective Risk training programme for incorporation into the wider annual training plan for all TM staff both in control functions and across Sales teams.
- In conjunction with the Compliance Manger and Head of all other functions, including Sales, design and implement an effective and group wide risk management function which extends beyond regulatory and operational risk;
- Develop, promulgate, implement and embed a strong risk policy and procedure framework to support the firm’s aspiring development of a strong risk culture being at the core of strategic objectives;
- Leading the risk review and challenge of new initiatives, business lines and products to ensure they are consistent and aligned with regulatory requirements;
- Managing the relationship with all key stakeholders in the firm’s risk management processes and controls, including the senior banking, audit and 3rd party service operations partners and other internal control functions;
- Proactively identify and manage emerging industry and regulatory developments and risk priorities to inform not just the firm’s risk management strategy, but its overall business model and strategy at an enterprise level;
- Previous hands on experience in a risk management role
- Strong initiative, leadership and collaboration skills
- Strong command and experience of collating and presenting information in excel
- High level accuracy and attention to detail
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within the financial services industry
- Strong investigative, analytical and project management skills
- Ability to prioritise in a multi task environment and to meet tight timelines across regularly competing projects
- Experience in managing the implementation of risk procedures and controls
- Ability to understand and collaborate with regulatory colleagues across a number of jurisdictions to ensure internal controls and procedures are adhered to at all times
- Professional diploma or other relevant Risk management qualifications preferred