TransferMate Global Payments is a Globally Regulated, B2B Payments technology, which greatly improves the international payments process for banks, companies and both our software and strategic partners, such as Wells Fargo, AIB and ING.
Reporting to: Fraud Manager
We are currently in the process of expanding our Fincrime/Fraud department and we’re looking for an experienced individual with strong fraud analytics background, in a fast-paced Fintech/Payments type business. This position will require the successful candidate to liaise with cross functional teams to investigate and analyse data in order to present findings, develop solutions and mitigate future occurrence.
- Responsible for the prevention and detection of potential fraud across all payment channels by reviewing customers’ accounts.
- Understanding all functionalities (or “customer rules”) of existing and new payment methods including regular cards (Visa and Mastercard), prepaid and co-branded cards, e-wallet products, card processing and bank transfer solutions.
- Monitoring fraud patterns in client account activity and registration behaviour.
- Monitor payment transactions/fraud alerts and take necessary action to protect customers and the business
- Reduce possible of fraud by monitoring legacy data and future case data
- Contribute to the creation of fraud rules by providing analytical data to support decisions.
- Working closely together with the payments, compliance and fraud manager(s) to realise improvements in the fraud setup.
- Working closely with colleagues in customer support department with KYC knowledge of clients to ensure fraud indicators are known and observed.
- Ensure staff are aware of the how to correspond with clients without ‘tipping off’
- Ensure clear communication and training on preventative measures to mitigate fraud by facilitating regular weekly calls with the support teams.
- Identify fraud patterns through the monitoring of high-risk customers and irregular transaction patterns.
- Adherence and awareness of all antifraud rules/procedures related to the company activity.
- Monitoring and reporting on customer’s activity and overall fraud and payments performances. (card success rates, chargebacks etc)
- Review all alerts from external sources including card schemes, payment service providers and alternative payment providers.
- Assist the Payments and Fraud manager by continuously recommending improvements to our payments and antifraud products so that we adopt highly innovative and cutting-edge payments, antifraud and identification functionality to support business growth.
- Responsible for reconciling payment fraud, investigate/dispute claims with third parties and report data for insurer
- Carrying out regular fraud checks on client transactions through embedded fraud alerts to create flags for further monitoring
- Providing support to the operational and business units of the organisation on fraud related matters.
- Dealing with customer document verification – knowledge of latest tools in this field.
- Interact and coordinate efforts with the antifraud team members.
- Report risk information and findings to the immediate supervisor and follow escalation path in a timely manner whilst adhering to confidentially of incidents
- Performing daily analysis on the fraud and payments reports and take actions based on the results.
- 2+ years’ experience in antifraud and payments operations in a face paced environment
- A track record of an understanding of the link between payments functionality and fraud prevention.
- Experience of interpreting database data and other customer use analysis.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team and autonomously effectively and efficiently.
- The ability to identify known indicators of fraud and apply to client data per jurisdiction and transactional activity.
- The ability to make good judgement calls under pressure and when working autonomously.
- Knowledgeable about BSA, OFAC, AML and CTF obligations and regulations.
- The ability to multi-task and problem solve under pressure.
- The ability to identify behaviour from clients which may indicate fraud
- Knowledgeable about banking and payment products and associated risks
- The ability to be flexible and accommodating at short notice.
- Experience working in a global company operating across multiple jurisdictions with varying regulations
TransferMate Global Payments is one of the world's fastest-growing FinTech companies, and is transforming the way businesses pay and get paid across international borders. In our organisation you will join enthusiastic and energetic colleagues who are ambitious, helpful and welcoming. You will also join a collection of award-winning companies which take career progression and corporate responsibility extremely seriously, all within a positive and friendly workplace culture.
What we provide;
- In addition to a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package which includes a company pension scheme, Laya healthcare cover and life insurance.
- We appreciate that our company growth and employee recognition go hand in hand, and we have multiple recognition programs in place including our Milestone Recognition Program, our Bright Ideas Program and our Employee All-Star Awards.
- Recognised within the top 10 best workplaces in Ireland by Great Place to Work® , you will join an organisation that values and promotes a healthy mind, body and work-life balance through our renowned employee wellbeing program; GroupLife.
- Additional perks include a flexible working schedule, free monthly lunches and a full calendar of events throughout the year.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career with an award winning company? We will shortly be holding interviews for the role so apply today!