TransferMate Global Payments is a Globally Regulated, B2B Payments technology, which greatly improves the international payments process for banks, companies and both our software and strategic partners, such as Wells Fargo, AIB and ING.
The Fraud Manager is a key member of the risk function within TransferMate. The role requires expertise in Fraud, particularly within the Fintech space. The Fraud Manager is expected to maintain knowledge in latest in cyber risk and fraud in order to contribute to directional strategy for combatting fraud. The fraud manager is responsible for all areas of fraud cycle -identifying, developing, implementing, managing, reporting and mitigating future fraud and is responsible for a team of experienced fraud professionals. This role reports directly to the Head of Risk and works in close partnership with the Compliance, Finance & Treasury Functions.
- Responsible for independently maintaining compliance knowledge proficiency for the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), USA Patriot Act and OFAC. Commits to annual BSA/AML training requirements and continued knowledge development.
- Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of new fraud and threat trends and how they impact the organization and its customers - representing the company at relevant industry events, online seminars etc.
- Communicates significant updates as necessary to appropriate teams within the business and external parties
- Assist Compliance Management to maintain effective customer due diligence systems and monitoring programs to flag possible fraud indicators
- Acts as a resource and subject matter expert to respond to questions from other departments related to Fraud and BSA/AML/OFAC, including CIP and suspicious activity.
- Responsible for the day to day supervision of the BSA/Fraud Analysts including directing and monitoring work assignments, training, performance management, coaching and professional development.
- Develops, reviews, recommends and implements policies and procedures, within regulatory guidelines, to detect and prevent fraud and comply with BSA/AML objectives to combat financial crime against our organization.
- Responsible for the administration of complex Fraud and BSA/AML monitoring software. To include, provisioning, controls, parameter settings, testing, and validation to ensure effectiveness to identify suspicious and fraudulent activity. Evaluates software releases and makes recommendations.
- Track fraud metrics to ensure fraud impact/losses are minimised and operating within the defined risk appetite parameters.
- Managing potential and actual fraud loss.
- Lead, co-ordinate and manage fraud risk tools development, design, and implementation.
- Represent fraud risk on project and product meetings, identify key impacts, assess risks, and manage follow ups with key stakeholders.
- Coordinate and provide support to investigation specialist(s) to ensure a collaborative approach to fraud investigations to achieve best results with best use of time.
- Accurate and timely completion and filing of all aspects of BSA compliance.
- Understanding, applying and performing duties within acceptable regulatory and legal guidelines.
- High degree of accuracy across tracking systems and timely preparation of internal and external reporting.
- Effective design, implementation, planning of robust fraud and BSA/AML monitoring software.
- Knowledge of developing fraud management systems and tools, data analytics and data interrogation skills
- Strong knowledge of Fincrime/banking/payments industry
- Strong knowledge of regulatory compliance, BSA/AML, CIP, OFAC, audit, account monitoring or related experience.
- Deliver clear solutions avoiding ambiguity
- Skilful understanding of fraud and credit risk management lifecycle
- Ability to collaborate and partner effectively with cross functional teams, virtual teams and external parties
- Ability to communicate complex analytical ideas effectively and persuasively
- Project management experience preferred
- Previous people management experience
- Background in a fast paced operational & change environment
- Demonstrate innovative forward thinking
- Ability to mentor and create a positive team ethos with a focus on achieving defined targets and team objectives
TransferMate Global Payments is one of the world's fastest-growing FinTech companies, and is transforming the way businesses pay and get paid across international borders. In our organisation you will join enthusiastic and energetic colleagues who are ambitious, helpful and welcoming. You will also join a collection of award-winning companies which take career progression and corporate responsibility extremely seriously, all within a positive and friendly workplace culture.
What we provide;
- In addition to a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package which includes a company pension scheme, Laya healthcare cover and life insurance.
- We appreciate that our company growth and employee recognition go hand in hand, and we have multiple recognition programs in place including our Milestone Recognition Program, our Bright Ideas Program and our Employee All-Star Awards.
- Recognised within the top 10 best workplaces in Ireland by Great Place to Work® , you will join an organisation that values and promotes a healthy mind, body and work-life balance through our renowned employee wellbeing program; GroupLife.
- Additional perks include a flexible working schedule, free monthly lunches and a full calendar of events throughout the year.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career with an award winning company? We will shortly be holding interviews for the role so apply today!