Compliance Officer - Mexico
TransferMate Global Payments are disrupting the market with its Globally Regulated, B2B Payments technology, which greatly improves the international payments process for banks, companies and both our software and strategic partners.
- Perform AML/CDD checking and sanction screening on new clients/existing clients
- Provide technical support on the legislative and regulatory provisions related to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF) to the Compliance Department and relevant operational areas.
- Assist in the provision of advice on the appropriateness, or otherwise, implementation of new and/or amended processes, procedures and policies related to AML and CTF.
- Provide support to the North America Compliance Manager and/or other team members on issues relating to the Anti-Money Laundering Program.
- Assist in the design and provision of training related to AML and CTF as required.
- Investigate accounts and transactions to detect suspicious or fraudulent behaviour and assist in reporting it where necessary.
- Assist with regulatory examination preparation and examination process as needed.
- Identify trends from investigations and reports.
- Review, process and document licensing and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Design countermeasures to stop fraud and money laundering.
- Review future products/services for vulnerabilities.
- Suggest improvements in the tools and techniques to help scale the team.
- Prototype and test new tools with the engineering team.
- Review and take action on reports of fraud from outside partners such as chargebacks from banks.
- Review and investigate official complaints under the applicable regulatory codes.
- Full verbal and written fluency in both English and Spanish
- Previous hands on experience in a risk/compliance role
- Strong command and experience of collating and presenting information in excel
- High level accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong investigative and analytical skills and knowledge of the applicable regulatory requirements, including PSD 2, AML/CTF, CPC and Data Protection regulation
- Ability to prioritise in a multi task environment and to meet tight timelines across regularly competing projects
- Experience in managing regulatory licences
- Ability to understand and collaborate with regulatory colleagues across a number of jurisdictions to ensure internal controls and procedures are adhered to at all times
- Professional diploma or other relevant Compliance qualifications preferred