TransferMate Global Payments are disrupting the market with its Globally Regulated, B2B Payments technology, which greatly improves the international payments process for banks, companies and both our software and strategic partners.
- Constructively lead and develop the firm’s Compliance team to ensure strong engagement across the firm and a consistent understanding of our risk management objectives and application of risk controls and processes across a multi-jurisdictional operation.
- Drive the enhancement of legislative and regulatory AML/CFT policies within the Compliance Department for application by the entire business, in support of a robust commercial operational framework
- Lead the Compliance team’s implementation of robust operational procedures to support a strong culture of adherence with regulatory and AML obligations in the context of our expanding its global reach in terms of both its B2B payment technology capability and its regulatory authorisation
- Monitor, review and report issues relating to the AML/CTF Program to the Head of Risk and Compliance
- Design and delivery of an effective AML/CFT training programme for incorporation into the wider annual training plan for all TM staff both in control functions and across Sales teams.
- Ensure a functioning and effective approach to the performance of CDD checks and sanction screening on new/existing clients
- Ensure the effectiveness of the firm’s approach to transaction monitoring to detect suspicious or fraudulent behaviour and assist in reporting same in conjunction with your Fraud officer including the design of countermeasures to prevent fraud and money laundering
- Manage and act as key regulatory contact and lead engagement with regulatory examiners, including examination preparation and the engagement process itself
- In conjunction with the Global Regulatory Manger, review and support the licensing and regulatory reporting requirements to be documented and processed
- As MLRO for the firm, ensure the timely and appropriate recording and filing of relevant Suspicious Transaction/Activity Reports to the relevant authorities.
- Previous hands on experience in a risk/compliance role
- Strong initiative, leadership and collaboration skills
- Strong command and experience of collating and presenting information in excel
- High level accuracy and attention to detail
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within the financial services industry
- Strong investigative and analytical skills and knowledge of the applicable regulatory requirements, including PSD 2, AML/CTF, CPC and Data Protection regulation
- Ability to prioritise in a multi task environment and to meet tight timelines across regularly competing projects
- Experience in managing regulatory licences
- Ability to understand and collaborate with regulatory colleagues across a number of jurisdictions to ensure internal controls and procedures are adhered to at all times
- Professional diploma or other relevant Compliance qualifications preferred