Payments Team Leader
- Providing reliable and well- informed point of contact for the payments team
- Liaising between Payments Team(s) and Senior Management
- Reporting to Senior Management on behalf of Payments Team
- Ensuring all daily targets are met by the team
- Ensuring Task Lists are completed by team and closed off each day
- Delegating workload and assigning sufficient coverage of duties at all times
- Ensure effective rota is in place and adherence by team members in terms of coverage of tasks specifically during lunch breaks, annual leave & sick leave
- Assisting the team with queries or issues raised and providing a resolution
- Collate, analyse and summarise detailed information for high level review by Management
- Manage incident reports and error reports and apply critical learning from same
- Training of new staff and identifying training requirements within current team to support growth and identify areas for improvement
- Ensure effective utilization of team members’ time through regular review of workload and changing of duties to access ability and speed.
- Ensuring individual and team targets are communicated and supported via OKRs
- Identifying key process issues for resolution, proposing solutions and following through to implementation across all relevant departments, i.e. Product, Sales, Tech. Treasury, Compliance, Finance
- Review current processes regularly and monitor efficiency
- Escalation of payments information/issues/fraud/aged queries etc. that may need to be flagged to the attention of the manager and carrying out the managers instruction
- Apply an overall understanding of the bigger picture and show ability to cut through ambiguity by taking responsibility and making decision in line with the escalation path
- Strive for uniform high standards through continuous learning with view to progression
- Share learning and knowledge across all teams to promote and nourish internal talent
- Treat all Taxback Group resources, processes and people with respect, honesty
- Ensure all work including own work is completed in a timely and effective manner
- Support the overall Treasury team and supporting teams with TransferMate
- Ability to handle conflict and negotiate resolutions
- Timely completion of OKRs
- Adhere to Payments Team Code of Conduct and ensure team members do the same
- Demonstrate innovative, intelligent thinking and ability to prioritise through informed analysis of revenue, demand and impact.
- Previous team lead/managerial experience desirable
- Excellent leadership skills with ability to instil confidence and promote growth
- To be professional in personal presentation, communication, timeliness and general behaviour to all internal and external customers.
- Must be flexible to work all shifts between 6am and midnight.
- Excellent inter-personal and collaborative skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Ability to cut through the ambiguity and present information to management in a clear and concise format.
- Effective office, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritise duties in order to meet varying deadlines
- Flexibility with hours of work from time to time
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively in a busy environment
- Polite and professional in all communications with customers and colleagues
- Demonstrate patience and the ability to apply realistic achievable expectations of team members
- Availability for on-call rota