Senior VAT Compliance Advisor
Reporting to the Global VAT Director, the Senior VAT Compliance Advisor will be responsible for the execution of indirect tax compliance and act as expert advisor to our clients, including working through complex client VAT structures ensuring the successful migration and implementation into our TBI Comply platform. Work with internal and external business partners to ensure successful client implementations. Work closely with our development team to identify and implement VAT software process improvement opportunities to continually improve our platform offering.
- Bring business knowledge, innovation and insight to create value for clients and the firm.
- Embrace the technical VAT automation transformation being undertaken in our business. Being motivated to familiarise yourself with these evolutions and to drive these technologies further in our day-to-day business and that of our clients.
- Set the tone in promoting risk management and compliance procedures to our clients.
- Operate and collaborate effectively with a mindset of change and process improvement both for our clients and within the business itself.
- Directing and driving the success of multiple client engagements.
- Be responsible for managing workload within time constraints while providing a high-level of client satisfaction.
- Assist with complex compliance issues/queries arising during the preparation of periodic declarations.
- Interaction with VAT agents and VAT inspectors throughout the VAT Compliance process where applicable.
- Support the Sales team/account managers in managing client service issues and or client VAT technical related queries.
- Keep up to date with changes in VAT legislation & case law and assess the impact on the firm and its clients.
- Seek & identify new business opportunities
- Carry out presentations on VAT issues/topics to clients, partners, industry groups etc.
- Hold regular review with team members and record, manage and address issues where necessary;
- Support the establishment, tracking and reporting of any new process metrics to ensure continual improvement of the team.
- Expert knowledge of VAT.
- Business decision making and judgment – Ability to make effective judgments on available data
- Influencing - Ability to influence others
- Leadership and Vision – Ability to inspire team with a clear vision and purpose
- Planning and Organising – Ability to identify the steps to be taken to achieve objectives
- Accountability – Taking personal responsibility for actions
- Expert at directing and driving the success of multiple engagements.
- Business Acumen - use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in the market and utilise this information to assist your clients in making smart and innovative business decisions.
- Relationship management - ability to read situations and modify behaviour to build quality, diverse relationships.
- Creative - demonstrate an ability to contribute to new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Enthusiastic team player and manager with a passion to coach and encourage others to achieve their potential.
- Ambitious – demonstrate strong commitment to personal learning and development.
- At least 5 years’ experience in International VAT technical consulting and advisory.
- Ideally AITI/CTA qualified but not essential.
- Strong academic record with a Degree in accounting, economics, finance, law or relevant degree.
- To be professional in personal presentation, communication, timeliness and general behaviour.
- Excellent people management skills and an ability to engage successfully with a diverse group of individuals.