Junior VAT Compliance Manager - Spanish or Portuguese expert
Would you like to work in a Company which has been voted a Platinum winner of the Deloitte Best Managed Companies? As well as a "Great Place to Work" for the 5th year in a row?
Taxback International is the world's leading technology and services company which specializes in Value Added Tax (VAT) compliance and VAT reclaim. Our client list is global – working with across almost all the fortune 500 companies (Google, Tesla, Facebook, Twitter, IBM etc) with real-time processing of over 10 billion transactions across 180 countries in multiple languages.
Taxback International is an entrepreneurial company and are transforming how VAT compliance and recovery is managed on a global basis. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet personable. Warm, accepting, and positive. We constantly challenge each other to be and achieve the best.
As a member of the VAT compliance team you will be:
Trained preliminarily on preparation and review of complex VAT return workings.
Trained preliminarily on basic accountancy related matters (GL Reconciliation, AP/AR journaling, etc
Liaise with global offices and clients to obtain necessary information for successful preparation and submission of VAT returns and any related indirect tax returns.
Interact with clients to ensure that issues are resolved to client satisfaction and provide best quality service to our clients.
Developed a working knowledge of EU VAT legislation in various EU member states in order to ensure compliance with local requirements
Developed a working knowledge of in any further jurisdictions other than the EU in order to ensure compliance with local requirements.
What you will be doing:
- Preparation of complex VAT returns, EC Sales lists, Intrastat returns and any indirect tax related return for various TBI Clients
- Review of VAT returns, EC Sales lists, Intrastat returns and any indirect tax related return for various TBI Clients
- Acting as Team Leader , supporting the professional development of its team members and raising awareness in relation to the quality driven service approach of TBI within the team
- Verifies data submitted by the client to check for errors or miscalculations.
- Ensuring that VAT returns and payments are submitted on an accurate and timely basis
- Overview of the compilation of supporting documents to ensure that full audit trail is available for audit inspections on a timely basis
- Cooperation with the AP/AR team of the Client to support that any changes made in the underlying analytics are properly reflected in the VAT accounts
- Preparation of annual VAT returns and any adjustment calculations, if needed
- Review of annual VAT returns and any adjustment calculations, if needed
- Preparation of monthly VAT reconciliations, ensuring full reconciliation to the general ledger
- Review of monthly VAT reconciliations, ensuring full reconciliation to the general ledger
- Ensuring full reconciliation of VAT returns to ESL/EPL, Intrastat reports or to any other local Listings where required
- Assist in more complex tax audit related matters, especially overviewing the process and the cooperation between parties in questions: the Client, TBI teams and the tax authority
- Assist in the review of and implementation of VAT processes to increase efficiency
- Assistance with Client onboarding, especially in reviewing the actual transaction flows of the Client and setting the Client up in the reporting tool of TBI
- Assist in building up and maintain country specific compliance knowledge i.a. updating Country Guides and the country specific rules of the reporting tool
- Running training sessions to more junior colleagues on country specific rules, on preparation and on review of VAT or any related returns, moreover on the VAT compliance aspects of accountancy related matters (AP/AR side, general ledgers, VAT accounts, journal postings, SAP system issues)
- Assist in compliance related questions of advisory nature
- Assist in business development ideas, especially in relation to upcoming regulatory changes
The skills that you have:
- Computer literate
- Basic accountancy related knowledge (AP/AR) preferred
- Basic knowledge of any major ERP systems, SAP system knowledge preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills at least in English
- At least 4+ year experience in a similar position
- Minimum Language Skills: English required & another language is an advantage, SPECIAL LOCAL LANGUAGE KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Strong Analytical skills
- Degree in finance/law related field preferred
- To be professional in personal presentation, communication, timeliness and general behaviour.
- Excellent people management skills and an ability to engage successfully with a diverse group of individuals.
- Excellent remuneration
- Additional benefits