QA Lead Manager
As QA Lead Manager you will define the QA strategy and approach for Taxback Internationals products and be ultimately responsible for ensuring product quality.
It will require strategic thinking, planning and provide expertise throughout the entire product development life cycle with a strong sense of quality ownership making sure that quality is right from the start.
- Responsible for defining QA strategy, approach and execution in development projects.
- Responsible for leading and directing the QA team.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise within Test Automation and Quality Assurance.
- Be accountable for the test automation projects, mentor, and provide leadership to the QA automation developers and managers.
- Participate in interviews, induction, training and performance evaluation of all QA team.
- Conduct Quarterly coaching check ins with your team ensuring that Objective Key results are assigned and met.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise within the field of Quality Assurance and Testing.
- Ensuring that the development teams adhere to the principles, guidelines and best practices of the QA strategy as defined.
- Focus on continuous QA improvements including usage of appropriate testing tools, test techniques, test automation.
- Building and maintenance of quality standards as well as enforcing technical and testing standards.
- Monitoring of all the QA activities, test results, leaked defects, root cause analysis and identifying areas of improvement. Implement steps required to improve the processes.
- Gather and present testing metrics and testing activities for the projects to key stakeholders.
- Ensure the proper usage of available tools to gain the maximum benefit of the QA effort. This includes testing tools for functional, performance, automation, etc.
- Manage training and continuous learning of QA staff by means of short courses, conferences, meetups, certifications, etc.
- Be an escalation point for all matters related to testing and quality assurance and operate as a primary point of contact for the QA teams.
- Direct the development of the QA strategy, methodology, discipline and framework. Driving and improving the QA team in areas of automated testing and agile testing.
- Provide technical expertise in Test Automation, Testing Methodologies, Testing Processes, Tools and Techniques across the teams.
- Work with QA team, Development team, Head of Engineering and Chief Technical Officer to develop and execute QA strategies to meet and exceed department and corporate quality goals.
The skills that you have:
- QA Management experience across multiple projects, off-shore and in-house.
- Be a strong leader with experience in implementing and shaping the company’s QA processes and strategies.
- Have strong technical skills, both functional and non-functional, manual and automation, ideally in a continuous delivery environment.
- Strong communication skills with all the key stakeholders to ensure QA vision is understood and implemented correctly.
- Be an advocate of Quality Assurance, Continuous Improvement and industry recognized Best Practices.
- Excellent knowledge of Risk Management, Risk Identification and Risked Based Testing.
- Experience managing testing departments or testing functions, managing large and complex activities and processes.
- Flexible with the ability to and work under pressure.
- Proactive, strong-minded, quick thinker and assertive.
- Able to motivate a team, recognize good talent and bring out the best out of each individual.
- A mature and professional individual who is self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent communicator, influencing skills and negotiation skills to get management buy-in on ideas and concepts.
- Able to communicate with all levels of management and peers within the organization.
- Providing leadership
- Building and maintaining relationships.
- The ability to prioritize work and tasks under pressure.
- Ability to handle conflict effectively.
- Ability to build, implement and direct quality assurance principles and maintain the quality of delivery.
- Excellent remuneration
- Work life balance