Senior ML Model Scientist
Taxback International is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of VAT compliance and recovery. We're a rapidly growing and evolving organization using best-in-breed technology such as machine learning, artificial intelligence, containers, and micro-services within an agile framework to build our solutions.
As an industry leader, we manage and execute VAT Recovery and Data Insights for hundreds of multinational clients who include an impressive portfolio of Fortune 500 clients. Our systems and technology processes 1.3 Billion receipts and invoices annually to identify the expenses that are compliant for VAT recovery. The receipts and invoices we process vary greatly from structured to unstructured image & data formats covering a wide range of languages. We need to be able to extract and analyse receipts and invoices data via data extraction tools and machine learning models to the highest possible levels of accuracy and confidence.
We are now looking to further develop our Image data extraction and data processing by applying machine learning to enhance accuracy and scalability in real time. This is your chance to be a part of an industry leading team that is making a real difference using the latest cloud technologies and machine learning techniques for building highly-scalable products.
What is the opportunity
We are searching for a Senior Machine Learning Scientist to join our Technical Team to lead our Machine Learning and Modelling strategy and to develop and implement the solutions infrastructure that will support the business growth and scale into the future.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned Data Scientist and Machine Learner Developer capable of owning and researching, strategizing and implementation project from the beginning through to completion. The candidate, in addition to being intimately familiar with the latest deep learning research and software, also has deep knowledge of the appropriate underlying solution architectures to best support ML models for this Use Case, and will also be skilled at research design, data wrangling and visualization, and collaborating with both internal & external teams.
What you will get to do
- Lead, Develop and agree the strategic roadmap for the businesses future ML and modelling solutions.
- Deliver and implement future ML and modelling solutions on the appropriate cloud-based solution architecture
- Work with extremely large volumes of receipts & invoice image data from our clients and global vendors to identify the best approach to ML model building for the business Use Case.
- Design and evaluate neural network-based models for classifying data into different Use Case models and groups in real-time
- Extend the scientific state-of-the-art by discovering new ways to fuse different modalities to improve the accuracy of existing models and to develop new product functionality
- Collaborate with Product Management team to identify viable projects and use cases that can deliver real value to our end-users via modelling and machine learning.
- Develop research processes and frameworks for annotating and modelling for new behavioural constructs
- Deliver recipes (including documented processes and modelling software) which can be executed by junior machine learning scientists and software engineers and data analysts.
- You have a PhD / Masters in Maths, computer science, electrical engineering, machine learning, statistics, natural language processing or related fields
- Experience with Cloud-based big data platforms and technologies and associated analytical tools.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years working in Machine Learning, Model Building and relevant analytics experience – Preferably in the Image data extraction space for Receipts and Invoice data via OCR / ML environments.
- Proven track record and experience in design, build and delivery of successful production grade ML Modelling frameworks and solutions that deliver measureable value from advanced analytics.
- You are an expert in modern machine learning frameworks, Natural language Processing and programming languages (e.g., Python,TensorFlow, PyTorch, Reddit)
- Experience of working with market place cloud-based solutions and data architectures for ML infrastructures (AWS / Azure / Google)
- Proven experience in the statistical analysis and modelling of this data to derive insights, knowledge of clustering, predictive analysis, machine learning, hypothesis testing etc.
- Highly skilled and experienced in data wrangling and visualisation from varied data sources
- Have experience in supporting the development of key strategic analytics delivering continuous enhancements to the analytics processes
- You are passionate about Machine Learning and data extraction modelling and love working with diverse teams to find creative solutions to complex problems
- Proven ability to work effectively with colleagues from cross-functional disciplines and business and technical functions with exceptional communication skills
- Competitive pay, and annual bonus eligibility
- Ongoing professional development and the opportunity for significant career growth
- Company paid parental leave upon hire
- Office location in the heart of Kilkenny city with convenience to public transport lines
Taxback International.Com is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.