Senior VAT Compliance Manager
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established, international organisation operating in the global market. You will gain valuable experience with some of the world’s largest clients, while working on industry disruptive VAT technology projects.
Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, the VAT Technical Specialist / Manager will have:
- A good understanding of SAP and Oracle ERP systems, knowledge of data fields and tables in these systems.
- An understand of running data extract report from ERP systems
- Experience with testing system rules and creating new tax rules as required to ensure AP and AR transaction data is compliant for VAT reporting
- Experience with implementing and using VAT Reporting software’s and applications for Enterprise Clients and complex VAT flows.
- Experience with reviewing transaction that have failed automated rule based validations and making the necessary corrections to the data in accordance with the appropriate VAT reporting requirements
- Mapping business flows for VAT purposes with documentation
- Involved in end-to-end SAP FI and (SD or MM) implementation project
- You will have a good understanding of the VAT rules and requirements for submitting VAT Returns in a wide range of countries including e-filing requirements.
- Have a good understanding about changes happening in the VAT Reporting industry and be able to translate these changes into business requirements.
- Being passionate about leveraging leading technology to automate the VAT filing process.
- Have experience with posting reconciliation statements back into the ERP
What you will be doing:
- Bring VAT technology knowledge, innovation and insight to create value for clients and the firm.
- Embrace the technical VAT automation transformation being undertaken in our business. Being motivated to familiarise yourself with these evolutions and to drive these technologies further in our day-to-day business and that of our clients.
- Operate and collaborate effectively with a mindset of change and process improvement within the business.
- Working closely with the Product and development teams to ensure VAT rules and flows are configured correctly.
- Assist with complex compliance flows where required during Client implementations.
- Support the Sales team/account managers in managing client service issues and or client VAT technical related queries.
- Keep up to date with changes in VAT legislation and the impact on the firm and its clients.
The skills you will have:
- At least 5 years’ experience in International VAT technical role or similar.
- Strong academic record with a Degree in technology, accounting, finance or other.
- To be professional in personal presentation, communication, timeliness and general behaviour.
- Excellent people management skills and an ability to engage successfully with a diverse group of individuals.
- Expert knowledge of VAT and ERP (SAP /Oracle, other).
- Business decision making and judgment – Ability to make effective judgments on available data
- Influencing - Ability to influence others
- Planning and Organising – Ability to identify the steps to be taken to achieve objectives
- Accountability – Taking personal responsibility for actions
- Business Acumen - use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in the market and utilise this information to assist in making smart and innovative business decisions.
- Relationship management - ability to read situations and modify behaviour to build quality, diverse relationships.
- Creative - demonstrate an ability to contribute to new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Enthusiastic team player.
- Ambitious – demonstrate strong commitment to personal learning and development.
- Excellent remuneration
- Bonus paid quarterly
- Access to health & well being programmes