Technical Delivery Manager
The Technical Delivery Manager role will involve a blend of Technical and Product delivery. The candidate must come from a Technical background. Ideally started as an engineer / developer and progressed through architecture and then into delivery however be able to read code and architecture.
Do you want to work in a Company which has been voted a Platinum winner of the Deloitte Best Managed Companies, as well as a "Great Place to Work" for 2019?
Taxback International is recognised as the world's leading VAT reclaim provider. Thanks to our advanced technical innovation, we give clients back control of their VAT solutions all around the world.
We are looking for a Technical Delivery Manager for our development practice in Bangalore India. The role will be based in Bangalore.
- Previous experience in a technical delivery role
- Previous experience of managing diverse technical teams across multiple technology disciplines – Software Engineering, QA, Architecture etc.
- Very result oriented
- Must be highly motivated and demonstrate the ability to motivate a team
- You will have worked in an Agile environment and be able to visualise technical solutions from beginning to end.
- Solid experience of working closely with onshore/nearshore/offshore teams and clients.
- Broadcasting the scrum forecast and the scrum delivery every sprint
- Drive the stand-ups with everyone
- Identify and resolve blockers
- Identify and manage resource and technical dependencies
- Broadcast rolled up status updates to stakeholders
- Coordinate the release process (delivering on time, with changes committed, release notes, technical handover)
- Managing resource utilization:
- Creating reporting into tasks per individual (what’s done, what’s in progress, what’s next)
- Creating reporting into tasks per project and per team
- Managing the bonus allocation per sprint outcome
- Managing induction of new hires, probation, reviews and any offboarding as required
- Managing technical reporting:
- Releases per period
- Resource utilization
- Defects, tasks and features closed
- Lead time and delivery metrics
- Work with stakeholder group on identifying and managing constraints (dependencies not required, process inefficiencies … anything than can improve flow
What you will do
On an ongoing basis, you will ensure that all development tasks are delivered on time. You will co-ordinate all aspects of the development of business features from ideation to production. You will regularly communicate project status updates to all key stakeholders.
Suggest innovative solutions to business problems/processes that leverage technology to provide faster delivery of features to our clients.
Investigate complex issues of production delivery, run the root cause analysis, establish a solution and push it through required steps necessary in order to deliver.
Driving integrated teams to deliver solid technology solutions in support of key client initiatives.Key competencies
- Outcome focused – You must focus on delivery of workable solutions bearing in mind time and resource constraints
- Provide visibility into workload and resource utilization
- Clearly communicating resource dependencies per project or per team and highlighting capacity constraints in a timely manner
- Managing all aspects of team management, these include, but are not limited to:
- Probation reviews
- New colleague onboarding
- Salary / bonus allocations
- Provide a clear view of the development plan and ensure that all stakeholders are aligned to the plan
- Ensure that defined processes and procedures are adhered to across all team members