Taxback International is looking for a DevOps Engineer (AWS) ideally with AWS SA experience to join our team. You’ll work with a growing agile team of engineers that are involved in the full project lifecycles that the company is undertaking to aid delivering projects on next generation systems for external customers. Our primary focus is to let Developers develop and understand the impact of their development for production environments. To continue our efforts with the increasing demand of new exciting projects and product launches, we are looking to expand our Team with motivated, talented and driven people.
You’ll work as part of growing agile team of engineers that are involved in the full project lifecycles that the company is undertaking to aid delivering projects on next generation systems primarily for external customers. Our primary focus is to let Developers develop and understand the impact of their development for production environments.
How we achieve this is by following these practices:
- Lean Agile Practices
- Daily Standups
- Weekly planning meetings
- Weekly retrospectives
- Using the right and most feasible tooling for the job
- Monitoring and Observability
What you will be doing:
- Perform setup pipeline for deployment; Prepare routine operation documentation;
- Setup, manage and maintain services and instances on Amazon Web Services;
- Setup and maintain monitoring of technical performance and statistics of the AWS platform;
- Participate in product system design, optimization and capacity planning;
- Developing architecture baselines, target architectures, performing architecture analysis and providing recommendations;
- Communicate and coordinate with Product Managers, Developers and Platform team.
- Work with QA to provide Regression infrastructure;
- Build and manage the development, testing, and production environments on the AWS Cloud;
- Develop internal build or deployment tools for automation processes.
- Ensure all systems are resilient to failure including high-availability, disaster recovery, and backup;
- Automate and Manage the release of all applications to numerous environments;
- Build a culture of collaboration between Analysts, Architects, Development, QA and Infrastructure ensuring optimal delivery;
- Propose innovations to modernize software delivery; moving towards continuous delivery;
- Serve as a point of technical escalation; proactively managing issues and liaising with both internal and external support functions;
- Provide solution demonstrations, both standard and tailored to suspects and prospects;
The skills that you have:
- B.Sc. Computer Science, B.E. or similar;
- Experience in Linux administration;
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate or SysOps Administrator Associate or AWS DevOps;
- Familiar with standard IT security practices such as encryption and certificates;
- At least 3 years of AWS Experience;
- Skills in PostgreSQL or SQL Server;
- Knowledge of the following AWS services: EC2, RDS, Aurora, Fargate, Elasticache, EFS, Route 53, ELB/ALB, Redis;
- Ideally has experience with C##, PHP; Bitbucket; CI/CD;
- Good understanding of SDLC, ITIL, Scrum framework, and Agile principles;
- Experience developing in an Agile Environment;
- Knowledge of cloud standards, protocols, and technologies;
- Experience working in Fin-Tech or high transaction solutions would be advantageous;
- Ability to configure and deploy infrastructure using cloudformation/terraform, ECS and lambda;
- Experience with implementing high availability, and disaster recovery using cloudfront, Route53, and RDS;
- Understanding application clustering/load balancing concepts and technologies
- Has to have a Positive attitude;
- Data & security driven mindset;
- Excellent pay
Would you like to work in a Company which has been voted a Platinum winner of the Deloitte Best Managed Companies? As well as a "Great Place to Work" for the 5th year in a row?
Taxback International is the world's leading technology and services company which specializes in Value Added Tax (VAT) compliance and VAT reclaim. Our client list is global – working with across almost all the fortune 500 companies (Google, Tesla, Facebook, Twitter, IBM etc) with real-time processing of over 10 billion transactions across 180 countries in multiple languages.
Taxback International is an entrepreneurial company and are transforming how VAT compliance and recovery is managed on a global basis. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet personable. Warm, accepting, and positive. We constantly challenge each other to be and achieve the best.
Are you looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to advance your skills and career in a great working environment?