VAT Compliance Consultant
Would you like to work in a Company which has been voted a Platinum winner of the Deloitte Best Managed Companies? As well as a "Great Place to Work" for the 5th year in a row?
Taxback International is the world's leading technology and services company which specializes in Value Added Tax (VAT) compliance and VAT reclaim. Our client list is global – working with across almost all the fortune 500 companies (Google, Tesla, Facebook, Twitter, IBM etc) with real-time processing of over 10 billion transactions across 180 countries in multiple languages.
Taxback International is an entrepreneurial company and are transforming how VAT compliance and recovery is managed on a global basis. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet personable. Warm, accepting, and positive. We constantly challenge each other to be and achieve the best.
Are you looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to advance your skills and career in a great working environment?
As a member of the VAT compliance team:
- You will be trained preliminary on preparation of VAT return workings.
- Liaise with global offices and clients to obtain necessary information for successful preparation and submission of VAT returns.
- Interact with clients to ensure that issues are resolved to client satisfaction and provide best quality service to our clients.
- Develop a working knowledge of EU VAT legislation in various EU member states in order to ensure compliance with local requirements
- Develop a working knowledge of in any further jurisdictions other than the EU in order to ensure compliance with local requirements
What you will be doing:
- Preparation of VAT returns, EC Sales lists, Intrastat returns and any indirect tax related return for various TBI Clients
- Verifies data submitted by the client to check for errors or miscalculations.
- Ensuring that VAT returns and payments are submitted on an accurate and timely basis
- Compilation of supporting documents to ensure that full audit trail is available for audit inspections on a timely basis
- Cooperation with the AP/AR team of the Client to support that any changes made in the underlying analytics are properly reflected in the VAT accounts
- Preparation of annual VAT returns and any adjustment calculations, if needed
- Preparation of monthly VAT reconciliations, ensuring full reconciliation to the general ledger
- Ensuring full reconciliation of VAT returns to ESL/EPL, Intrastat reports or to any other local Listings where required
- Assist in less so complex tax audit related matters, especially in providing the underlying analytics of the returns and invoice samples, if requested
- Assist in the review of and implementation of VAT processes to increase efficiency
- Assistance with Client onboarding, especially in setting it up in the reporting tool of TBI
- Degree in finance/law related field preferred
- Accountancy related knowledge preferred
- To be professional in personal presentation, communication, timeliness and general behaviour.
- Excellent people management skills and an ability to engage successfully with a diverse group of individuals.
- Computer literate
- Excel skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- 0+ year experience in a similar position
- Strong analytical skills