Senior Frontend Developer
Taxback International offer hi-tech solutions aimed at making life easier for our clients. Our secure, cutting edge technology enabled us to process in excess of 180 million transactions last year for our clients. Established in 1996 as part of The Taxback Group, Taxback International is recognised as world leaders in technical innovation, assisting clients around the world with their VAT challenges. From sole traders seeking a once-off VAT rebate to medium-sized organisations with international VAT obligations to truly global corporations seeking integrated one-stop technology solutions, Taxback International streamlines the process and maximises organization’s VAT reclaim opportunity.
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
This is a major opportunity for any developer who is passionate about engineering innovative web services, and truly enjoys what they do. As part of this team, you’ll have an exciting opportunity to be involved in the full project lifecycle of our next-generation internal tools and systems which currently enable our teams to streamline activities across all areas of the business.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the back-end developer to communicate with RESTful APIs
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Establish processes and best practices around front-end development standards
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of CSS pre-processors such as LESS and SASS/SCSS
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Secondary skills: Bootstrap, CSS animations, versioning system (GIT, SVN)
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop is a great plus
- Ability to work and communicate clearly and efficiently with team members.
- Experience with enterprise-scale systems a major plus
Special Requirements for the Role
- 6+ years experience in frontend development
- Strong English communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Class A office on central location
- Additional health insurance package
- 20 days paid annual leave
- Internal paid training
- Attractive salary and performance bonus program
- Many company events and parties
- Option for sport card partly paid by the company
- Option for flexible working hours when required by the employee
- Very friendly team and company environment
- Option for company paid relevant professional certificates or courses
- Company mobile phone and plan after 1 year of service
When applying for the position, you voluntarily submit your personal data and we will process it for the following purposes: selection of candidates for this position; selection of candidates for future positions occurring within the next 6 months, unless you explicitly state your disagreement; connecting with candidates in connection with the objectives of labor market selection and research; signing an employment or other type of contract. Personal data provided for these purposes will be retained for up to 6 months. You have the right to request the deletion, correction or blocking of personal data if the processing does not meet the requirements of the current legislation or exceeds the stated objectives.