Junior VAT Compliance Associate
Clune Tech Group (Taxback Group) is a collection of global companies that delivers focus driven, digitalised solutions to simplify the complexity of global business. Clune Tech Group (Taxback Group) is headquartered in Ireland and employs nearly 1500 staff across 33 countries, including Varna, Veliko Tarnovo, Shumen and Sofia.
Taxback International, а company part of Clune Tech Group (Taxback Group), is a leading expert in global VAT (Value Added Tax) recovery and smarter VAT solutions for a global client base for nearly all of the fortune 500 companies (Google, Tesla, Facebook, Twitter, IBM .. the list is endless) with real-time processing of over 10 billion transactions across 180 countries in multiple languages.
We in Taxback International constantly challenge each other to be the best we can be. We have been voted as a Platinum winner of the Deloitte Best Managed Companies, as well as a "Great Place to Work" for the 6th year in a row.
Right now the company is looking for a VAT Compliance Associate to join our team in Varna.
As a member of the VAT compliance team, you’ll develop a working knowledge of EU VAT legislation in various EU member states and other jurisdictions in order to ensure compliance with local requirements. The role involves liaison with clients and global tax offices to obtain necessary information for successful preparation and submission of VAT returns.
VAT is complex, but we make it simple.
We provide full and paid training on the job!
- Preparation of VAT & Intrastat returns, EC Sales lists, and any indirect tax related return for various TBI Clients
- Verifies data submitted by the client to check for errors or miscalculations.
- Ensuring that VAT returns and payments are submitted on an accurate and timely basis
- Compilation of supporting documents to ensure that full audit trail is available for audit inspections on a timely basis
- Cooperation with the AP/AR team of the Client to support that any changes made in the underlying analytics are properly reflected in the VAT accounts
- Preparation of annual VAT returns and any adjustment calculations, if needed
- Preparation of monthly VAT reconciliations, ensuring full reconciliation to the general ledger
- Ensuring full reconciliation of VAT returns to ESL/EPL, Intrastat reports or to any other local Listings where required
- Assist in less so complex tax audit related matters, especially in providing the underlying analytics of the returns and invoice samples, if requested
- Assist in the review of and implementation of VAT processes to increase efficiency
- Assistance with Client onboarding, especially in setting it up in the reporting tool of TBI
- 0+ /or at least one year experience in a similar position
- Excellent command of English; another language is an advantage
- Computer literate with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong Analytical skills & detail oriented
- Degree in finance/law related field is preferred
- To be professional in personal presentation, communication, timeliness and general behaviour.
- Excellent people management skills and an ability to engage successfully with a diverse group of individuals
What we offer you is:
• Attractive remuneration, bonus scheme and social package
• Full and paid training
• Long-term career opportunity and job security in multinational company
• Team building activities and company parties
• Additional Health Insurance package for employees and their family
• Discounts across various stores
• Company mobile phone after 1 year of service
• Option for a sport card partly paid by the company
• Many company social and voluntary events
If you are interested in the position you can submit your CV in English by pressing the button „Apply for this position”.
We would like to thank in advance to all candidates. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
When applying for the position, you voluntarily submit your personal data and we will process it for the following purposes: selection of candidates for this position; selection of candidates for future positions occurring within the next 6 months, unless you explicitly state your disagreement; connecting with candidates in connection with the objectives of labor market selection and research; signing an employment or other type of contract. Personal data provided for these purposes will be retained for up to 6 months. You have the right to request the deletion, correction or blocking of personal data if the processing does not meet the requirements of the current legislation or exceeds the stated objectives.