Senior VAT Compliance Manager
Reporting to the Global VAT Director, the VAT Compliance Manager will be responsible for supporting the VAT Compliance team in the execution of indirect tax compliance services and to act as advisor to the team and to our clients. The VAT Compliance Manager will also support our Sales and Marketing teams in the communication of our services and implementation of new business.
- Supporting the VAT Compliance team on VAT technical questions that arise through the VAT Compliance process.
- Assessing the VAT compliance obligations of new and existing clients and preparation of advice and reports in this regard.
- Interaction with VAT agents and VAT inspectors throughout the VAT Compliance process where needed.
- Support the Sales Team in managing client VAT queries and client implementations.
- Support to the Marketing Team in the communication of our services and VAT updates.
- Keep up to date with changes in VAT legislation & case law and assess the impact on the business and our clients.
- Seek & identify new business opportunities. Tracking VAT developments throughout the world to identify new markets and new service offerings.
- Carry out presentations/training on VAT issues/topics to clients, partners, industry groups etc.
- Support the establishment, tracking and reporting of any new process metrics to ensure continual improvement of the team.
- Embrace the technical VAT automation transformation being undertaken in our business. Being motivated to familiarise yourself with these evolutions and to drive these technologies further in our day-to-day business and that of our clients.
- Expert knowledge of VAT.
- Business decision making and judgment – Ability to make effective judgments on available data
- Influencing - Ability to influence others
- Leadership and Vision – Ability to inspire team with a clear vision and purpose
- Planning and Organising – Ability to identify the steps to be taken to achieve objectives
- Accountability – Taking personal responsibility for actions
- Expert at directing and driving the success of multiple engagements.
- Business Acumen - use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in the market and utilise this information to assist your clients in making smart and innovative business decisions.
- Relationship management - ability to read situations and modify behaviour to build quality, diverse relationships.
- Creative - demonstrate an ability to contribute to new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Enthusiastic team player and manager with a passion to coach and encourage others to achieve their potential.
- Ambitious – demonstrate strong commitment to personal learning and development.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in an international VAT compliance team.
- Ideally AITI/CTA qualified but not essential.
- Strong academic record with a Degree in accounting, economics, finance, law or relevant degree.
- To be professional in personal presentation, communication, timeliness and general behaviour.
- Excellent people management skills and an ability to engage successfully with a diverse group of individuals.
- Sick pay
- Access to health/ well being programmes