AWS Site Reliability Engineer
Our company is looking for an AWS Site Reliability Engineer ideally with both SA & DevOps experience to join our team. You’ll work with a growing agile team of engineers that are involved in the full project lifecycles that the company is undertaking to aid delivering projects on next generation systems for external customers. Our primary focus is to let Developers develop and understand the impact of their development for production environments. To continue our efforts with the increasing demand of new exciting projects and product launches, we are looking to expand our Team with motivated, talented and driven people.
What you will be doing:
You’ll work as part of growing agile team of engineers that are involved in the full project lifecycles that the company is undertaking to aid delivering projects on next generation systems primarily for external customers. Our primary focus is to let Developers develop and understand the impact of their development for production environments.
How we achieve this is by following these practices:
- Lean Agile Practices
- Daily Standups
- Weekly planning meetings
- Weekly retrospectives
- Using the right and most feasible tooling for the job
- Monitoring and Observability
What you will be doing:
- Be able to discuss, plan and carry out yours or the teams' initiatives.
- Take a sustainable and automated approach, aligned with Industry best practices when building solutions.
- Actively participate in road-mapping, ideations, iteration planning.
- Analyse and understand metrics, performance, reliability of systems.
- Promote and provide continuous improvements to our Release Management.
- Understand and adhere to best security practices (application and infrastructure).
- Documenting architecture changes, KBAs.
The skills that you have:
- B.Sc. Computer Science, B.E. or similar;
- Experience in Linux administration;
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional or AWS SysOps or AWS DevOps;
- Familiar with standard IT security practices such as encryption and certificates;
- At least 3 years of AWS Experience;
- Skills in PostgreSQL or SQL Server;
- Knowledge of the following AWS services: EC2, RDS, Aurora, Fargate, Elasticache, EFS, Route 53, ELB/ALB, Redis;
- Ideally has experience with C##, PHP;
- Good understanding of SDLC, ITIL, Scrum framework, and Agile principles;
- Experience developing in an Agile Environment;
- Knowledge of cloud standards, protocols, and technologies;
- Experience working in Fin-Tech or high transaction solutions would be advantageous;
- Ability to configure and deploy infrastructure using CloudFormation/terraform, ECS and lambda;
- Experience with implementing high availability, and disaster recovery using cloudfront, Route53, and RDS;
- Enforcing change controls and governance best practices
- Security by design following ISO / SOC1 + 2 by design
- Understanding application clustering/load balancing concepts and technologies
- Must have a Positive attitude;
- Data & security driven mindset;
- Perform setup pipeline for deployment; Prepare routine operation documentation;
- Setup, manage and maintain services and instances on Amazon Web Services;
- Setup and maintain monitoring of technical performance and statistics of the AWS platform;
- Participate in product system design, optimization and capacity planning;
- Developing architecture baselines, target architectures, performing architecture analysis and providing recommendations;
- Communicate and coordinate with Product Managers, Developers and Platform team.
- Work with QA to provide Regression infrastructure;
- Build and manage the development, testing, and production environments on the AWS Cloud;
- Develop internal build or deployment tools for automation processes.
- Ensure all systems are resilient to failure including high-availability, disaster recovery, and backup;
- Automate and Manage the release of all applications to numerous environments;
- Build a culture of collaboration between Analysts, Architects, Development, QA, and Infrastructure ensuring optimal delivery;
- Propose innovations to modernize software delivery; moving towards continuous delivery;
- Serve as a point of technical escalation; proactively managing issues and liaising with both internal and external support functions;
- Provide solution demonstrations, both standard and tailored to suspects and prospects;
- Class A office on central location
- Additional health insurance package
- 20 days paid annual leave
- Internal paid training
- Attractive salary and performance bonus program
- Many company events and parties
- Option for sport card partly paid by the company
- Option for flexible working hours when required by the employee
- Very friendly team and company environment
- Option for company paid relevant professional certificates or courses
When applying for the position, you voluntarily submit your personal data and we will process it for the following purposes: selection of candidates for this position; selection of candidates for future positions occurring within the next 6 months, unless you explicitly state your disagreement; connecting with candidates in connection with the objectives of labor market selection and research; signing an employment or other type of contract. Personal data provided for these purposes will be retained for up to 6 months. You have the right to request the deletion, correction or blocking of personal data if the processing does not meet the requirements of the current legislation or exceeds the stated objectives.