We are currently looking for an outgoing, upbeat Compliance Officer to join our team in Chicago, USA. A Compliance Officer is responsible for monitoring and providing business support on a variety of complex regulatory matters. The role will involve, e.g. regulatory reporting, monitoring of sanctions screening, performing checks, and other general compliance tasks.
As Compliance Officer you will be responsible for:
• Perform AML/CDD checking and sanction screening on new clients/existing clients
• Provide technical support on the legislative and regulatory provisions related to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF) to the Compliance Department and relevant operational areas.
• Assist in the provision of advice on the appropriateness, or otherwise, implementation of new and/or amended processes, procedures and policies related to AML and CTF.
• Provide support to the North America Compliance Manager and/or other team members on issues relating to the Anti-Money Laundering Program.
• Assist in the design and provision of training related to AML and CTF as required.
• Investigate accounts and transactions to detect suspicious or fraudulent behaviour and assist in reporting it where necessary.
• Assist with regulatory examination preparation and examination process as needed.
• Identify trends from investigations and reports.
• Review, process and document licensing and regulatory reporting requirements.
• Design countermeasures to stop fraud and money laundering.
• Review future products/services for vulnerabilities.
• Suggest improvements in the tools and techniques to help scale the team.
• Prototype and test new tools with the engineering team.
• Review and take action on reports of fraud from outside partners such as chargebacks from banks.
• Review and investigate official complaints under the applicable regulatory codes.
What we need from you is...
• Experience of collating information in excel
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and work on own initiative
• Polite and professional in all communication both internally and externally
• Ability to prioritize tasks effectively to ensure timeliness in completing projects and meeting deadlines
• Interpretation and implementation of legislation and regulation relating to financial services
• Experience in managing regulatory licences
TransferMate Global Payments is one of the world's fastest-growing FinTech companies, and is transforming the way businesses pay and get paid across international borders. In our organisation you will join enthusiastic and energetic colleagues who are ambitious, helpful and welcoming. You will also join a collection of award-winning companies which take career progression and corporate responsibility extremely seriously, all within a positive and friendly workplace culture.
What we provide;
• In addition to a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package which includes a pension, healthcare and life insurance.
• We appreciate that our company growth and employee recognition go hand in hand, and we have multiple recognition programs in place including our Milestone Recognition Program, our Bright Ideas Program and our Employee All-Star Awards.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career with an award winning company? We will shortly be holding interviews for the role so apply today!
About the company
TransferMate Global Payments is the market-leading choice for international banks and businesses who seek a simple, cost-effective solution when sending and receiving foreign currency payments. With one of the world’s most extensive network of bank accounts, trading in over 162 countries, TransferMate secures better exchange rates, eradicates bank fees and provides clients with faster payment services. TransferMate’s superior B2B technology platform integrates with a range of enterprise software systems, including the world’s top cloud accounting platforms. This provides a faster, easier and more cost-effective payments solution to a demanding global client base. TransferMate partners with the world’s most prominent banks including ING Group N.V., one of Europe’s leading banks and AIB, an Irish pillar bank.