Are you excited about helping an international business improve their processes? Are you a professional, driven and enthusiastic person who has excellent knowledge of the regulatory environment related to money service businesses in North America?
At TransferMate, our international payments technology helps businesses improve their accounting processes by reducing workload, eliminating errors and saving on fees. Our industry-leading payments footprint allows businesses to quickly transact around the world.
As Compliance Analyst, you will be responsible for monitoring and providing business support on a variety of complex regulatory matters.
This position is based in our Chicago office.
• Perform AML/CDD checking and sanction screening on new clients/existing clients.
• Provide technical support on the legislative and regulatory provisions related to AML/CTF to the Compliance Department and relevant operational areas.
• Assist in the provision of advice on the appropriateness, or otherwise, implementation of new and/or amended processes, procedures and policies related to AML and CTF.
• Assist in the design and provision of training related to AML and CTF as required.
• Investigate accounts and transactions to detect suspicious or fraudulent behaviour and assist in reporting same where necessary.
• Assist with regulatory examination preparation and examination process as needed.
• Identify trends from investigations and reports.
• Review, process and document licensing and regulatory reporting requirements.
• Design countermeasures to stop fraud and money laundering.
• Review future products/services for vulnerabilities.
• Suggest improvements in the tools and techniques to help scale the team.
• Prototype and test new tools with the engineering team.
• Review and take action on reports of fraud from outside partners such as chargebacks from banks.
• Review and investigate official complaints under the applicable regulatory codes.
• Experience of collating information in Excel.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task and work on own initiative.
• Polite and professional in all communication both internally and externally.
• Ability to prioritise tasks effectively to ensure timeliness in completing projects and meeting deadlines.
Desired Role Requirements:
• Interpretation and implementation of legislation and regulations relating to financial services in North America.
• Understanding of the regulatory environment pertaining to money service businesses in North America to ensure all internal controls and procedures in this respect are adhered to at all times and regulatory considerations explained to customers in a professional manner.
• In addition to a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package, which includes a company pension scheme, healthcare and 401K
• We appreciate that our company growth and employee recognition go hand in hand, and we have multiple recognition programs in place including our Milestone Recognition Program, our Bright Ideas Program and our Employee of the Quarter.
• Recognised within the top 10 best workplaces in Ireland by Great Place to Work®, you will join an organisation that values and promotes a healthy mind, body and work-life balance through our renowned employee wellbeing program, GroupLife.
• Additional perks include a flexible working schedule and a full calendar of events throughout the year.
TransferMate is a global B2B payments technology firm, enabling companies to send and receive cross-border payments faster and easier than ever before. TransferMate has built one of the largest portfolios of payment licences worldwide, including in 51 US states and territories, to support trading in 162 countries and 134 currencies. Leading banks, fintech & software providers partner with TransferMate to offer an enhanced user experience for their business customers. Using TransferMate's technology and global banking infrastructure, companies benefit from better exchange rates, greater transparency and improved reconciliation via direct integration into accounting and ERP systems.
The unique TransferMate offering has also attracted major strategic investments from leading banks such as ING Group N.V. and Allied Irish Bank, who have cumulatively invested €51 million in the company.
We will be holding interviews for the role shortly so apply today!
About the company
TransferMate Global Payments is the market-leading choice for international banks and businesses who seek a simple, cost-effective solution when sending and receiving foreign currency payments. With one of the world’s most extensive network of bank accounts, trading in over 162 countries, TransferMate secures better exchange rates, eradicates bank fees and provides clients with faster payment services. TransferMate’s superior B2B technology platform integrates with a range of enterprise software systems, including the world’s top cloud accounting platforms. This provides a faster, easier and more cost-effective payments solution to a demanding global client base. TransferMate partners with the world’s most prominent banks including ING Group N.V., one of Europe’s leading banks and AIB, an Irish pillar bank.