Senior Database Engineer
Our RequirementsDo you want to work in a Company which has been voted a Platinum winner of the Deloitte Best Managed Companies, as well as a "Great Place to Work" for the 4th year in a row? Taxback International want to hear from you.
Taxback International is the world's leading technology and services company which specialises in Value Added Tax (VAT) reclaim for a global client base for nearly all of the fortune 500 companies (Google, Tesla, Facebook, Twitter, IBM .. the list is endless) with real-time processing of over 10 billion transactions across 180 countries in multiple languages.
Taxback International are currently looking for a professional and driven Senior Database Engineer to be based in our Kilkenny office.
As a Senior Database Engineer , you will be responsible for:
• Contribute to our technical architecture as we grow. We scale to service requests from all our customers.
• A Database Engineer must be able to conceptualize and design DB solutions and manage processes with a team of developers.
• The Database Engineer is responsible for all aspects of the design, development and delivery of data and database solutions.
• Care about agility as much you care for scalability and availability. Continuous deployment keeps us focused on incremental releases. Even our biggest technical achievements roll out piece-by-piece, feature flagged out of sight. Projects are kept short and tightly scoped. Teams build a weekly cadence of releases.
Qualifications and Skills
• Experience with NoSQL as well as SQL based technologies.
• Experience with designing highly available, fault tolerant and scalable database platforms.
• Experience with cloud based solutions (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
• Extensive experience operating and managing relational databases in large scale cloud environments. Ideally PostgreSQL and / or Microsoft SQL Server.
Established in 1996 as part of The Taxback group, Taxback International are recognised as world leaders in technical innovation, assisting clients around the world with their VAT challenges.
In our organisation, you will join enthusiastic and energetic colleagues who are ambitious, helpful and welcoming. You will also join a collection of award-winning companies, which take career progression and corporate responsibility extremely seriously, all within a positive and friendly workplace culture.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career with an award winning company? We will shortly be holding interviews for the role so apply today!
About the company
Taxback International are recognised as world leaders in technical innovation, assisting clients around the world with their VAT challenges. From sole traders seeking a once-off VAT rebate, to medium-sized organisations with international VAT obligations to truly global corporations seeking an integrated one-stop VAT solution, Taxback International streamlines the process and maximises your organisation’s VAT reclaim opportunity.