Our RequirementsGENERAL DESCRIPTION
TransferMate Global Payments is the market-leading, international choice for businesses worldwide that send and receive foreign currency payments and we are leading the change within the Global Payments Fintech sector. We have a fast growing client base and a dynamic team, but we need YOU!
We are now seeking an experienced IT professional to join the team in our Head Office in Kilkenny office. You will be working in a distributed environment leading change on a number of key projects. We need a motivated, talented and self-driven software developer to join our growing technology team leading the development of our mobile application, API development and contributing to design and development to enhance our SAAS Web Services Platform.
This is a major opportunity for a strong developer to join an exciting company who are passionate about developing innovative web services, and truly enjoy what they do. As part of this team, you'll have an exciting opportunity to be involved in the full project lifecycle for the next generation internal systems which enable our teams to streamline activities across all areas of our business.
The software technology team has strong plans to grow in the coming year and affect real change within the business. This person will have the opportunity to be part of that. You will have the opportunity to contribute and participate in the following capacities:
• Participate in a fast paced agile development team building full scale software systems.
• Design and build advanced software solutions that scale and meet business requirements.
• Work with a team of peers who are smart, professional, pull their own weight, and share a passion for what they're creating.
TransferMate is part of the Taxback Group which is a provider of world leading international taxation, finance and fulfilment services to clients in over 100 countries ranging from blue-chip financial service companies to individual investors & cross-border workers.
RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Design and develop web services using service-oriented architectures exposing API's for internal and external clients.
2. Produce design deliverables via sketches, wireframes or low-fidelity prototypes.
3. Ability to work and communicate clearly with team members.
4. Ability to implement architecture and design patterns to help ensure that systems scale.
5. Apply technical expertise to challenging architecture and design problems.
6. Review product requirements in order to give development estimates and product feedback.
7. Innovative technical design and creation of technical specifications.
8. Ability to establish processes and best practices around development standards.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
2. Experience with mobile application development.
3. Experience working in a cloud infrastructure environment.
4. Experience creating web services and API's.
5. Knowledge of SQL and database design.
6. Knowledge of the .NET framework: WPF, WCF.
7. Experience with software design patterns: MVC, MVVM.
8. Well versed in modern web standards and best practises.
9. Strong knowledge of Web Standards, OWASP security principles and data encryption/security.
10. Proponent of continuous integration and automation.
11. Experience working in an agile environment.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
1. 3+ years' experience in a software development environment
2. BSc or BA degree in computer science or equivalent.
3. Software security experience
4. Strong verbal and written communication.
5. Experience with enterprise-scale systems a major plus.
About the company
Launched in 2008, TransferMate Global Payments is today one of the world’s largest and well established foreign exchange brokers. With a fast growing client base and a dynamic team our mission is to become the first choice for companies and individuals worldwide when carrying out foreign exchange money transfers.